One of the India’s biggest cricketing heros former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni retired from international cricket. On Saturday evening, everyone got a big shock, when they came to know that their hero Dhoni, who rules the hearts of all the people, has announced his retirement from the International cricket. When it comes to the players standing behind this twenty yards strip and the wicket, by then one name will be taken first … that name is .. “Mahendra Singh Dhoni”.
#MSD posted on his Instagram page “Thanks a lot for ur love and support throughout. from 1929 hrs consider me as retired,”.
He also posted with a sad song “Kal aur aayenge mujhse behtar kahne wale, tumse behtar sunne wale, kal koi mujhko yaad karen, kyun waqt anpa barbad karen?”.
It left the cricket world overwhelmed with emotions. The retirement of MS Dhoni leaves a void in world cricket.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni finished his cricketing career in his style. #MSDway…
Millions of fans worldwide poured their love for Captain Cool with “Thank You” messages everywhere.
MSD has single-handedly managed to change the face of Indian Cricket. There is no doubt that one of the best captains Indian cricket has ever seen, he has brought glory to the nation in all forms of the game! He has fulfilled all the hopes and dreams of young & old alike without compromising his team, his character or his performance.
No matter how big the target was, Mahi bhai, you were on the crease, the heart used to say “Dhoni will handle”. Truly you have created the history of a golden age that no one can forget your contributions for the country. We’ll miss you very much Mahi bhai. Now noone will say “Mahi maar rha hai”.
Today, an entire nation pays tribute to their best cricketer, leader, icon!
In the semi-final against New Zealand, Dhoni scored a fighting half-century last time in the blue jursey. One of the best runners between the wickets was run out in that game and had broken all Indian hopes and left himself in a state of disbelief.
Let’s look at once all the achievements of MS Dhoni….
MS Dhoni’s Records:
- MS Dhoni is the one and only Captain to win all the ICC Trophies in the world
- 350 ODIs, 90 Tests and 98 T20 Internationals.
- MS Dhoni has the most number of stumpings on his name
- Most International matches as captain
- Most wins as captain for India
- Most runs by an Indian captain in ODIs
- Most sixes as a captain in ODIs
- Interestingly Dhoni has won the most number of tosses in T20
- Dhoni is the only captain to have won against Australia in Australia in the span of 140 years
- Highest Individual Score as a wicket-keeper batsman in ODIs
- Only Player to win the World Cup with a Six
- Most successful wicket-keeper for India
- As a wicket-keeper, Dhoni has highest batting average of 50.96.
- The IPL was also his best ground where he was the revered ‘Thala’, leading the Chennai Super Kings to three trophies.
“कोई पूछे तो बता देना की एक ऐसा क्रिकेटर था जो स्टंप के पीछे से मैच बदल देता था”
Dhoni’s best scores:
- 148 vs Pakistan in Visakhapatnam, April 2005
- 183 not out vs Sri Lanka in Jaipur, October 2005
- 91 not out vs Sri Lanka in Mumbai, April 2011
- 139 not out vs Australia in Mohali, October 2013
- 224 vs Australia in Chennai, February 2013
MS Dhoni Awards and Achievements:
- Dhoni was awarded with Padma Bhushan the third highest civilian award on the seventh anniversary of the famous World Cup 2011.
- Dhoni is the only player to receive this award twice: ICC ODI Player of the Year award in 2008 and 2009.
- Dhoni received The Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 2007.
- Dhoni was awarded by The Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian honour, in 2009.
- Dhoni has been honoured with Honorary doctorate degree by De Montfort University in August 2011.
- The Indian Territorial Army conferred the honorary rank of Lieutenant Colonel to Dhoni on 1st November 2011. Dhoni is the second Indian cricketer to receive this honour after Kapil Dev.
- Time magazine added Dhoni as one of the “Most Influential People in the World” in 2011, in its Annual Time 100 list.
- In 2013, Dhoni was awarded with LG People’s Choice Award
- In 2016, a biopic M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story was made on him.
- MS Dhoni has been nominated for the Padma Bhushan Award by BCCI for Dhoni’s immense contributions to Indian Cricket.
- MS Dhoni was Nominated For Padma Bhushan Award.
And many more….
He was not only a cricketer, it was a dream that dwells in everyone’s hearts.
What legends said after MS Dhoni’s Retirement?
- Sachin Tendulkar :- Your contribution to Indian cricket has been immense, @msdhoni. Winning the 2011 World Cup together has been the best moment of my life. Wishing you and your family all the very best for your 2nd innings.
- VVX Laxman :- Seeing Dhoni’s journey from a small town boy into a match-winner and one of the most astute leaders the world has seen was remarkable. Thank you for the wonderful memories, Mahi. It was my privilege to play alongside you and I will always cherish the memories we shared together.
- Gautam Gambhir :-From “India A” to “The India” our journey has been full of question marks, commas, blanks & exclamations. Now as you put a full stop to your chapter, I can tell u from experience that the new phase is as exciting and there’s no limit to DRS here!!! Well played @msdhoni @BCCI
- Virat Kohli :-Every cricketer has to end his journey one day, but still when someone you’ve gotten to know so closely announces that decision, you feel the emotion much more. What you’ve done for the country will always remain in everyone’s heart……
- Ex-Pakistan captain Ramiz Raja :-MS Dhoni retires from international cricket! Great leader, great record, great entertainer and best in the world at a DRS read, but above all MS will be remembered for being a lead cast in Indian cricket’s iconic moments.
- Shoaib Akhtar :-the story of cricket will never be complete without him.
- Ravichandran Ashwin :-The legend retires in his own style as always, @msdhoni bhai you have given it all for the country. The champions trophy triumph, 2011 World Cup and the glorious @ChennaiIPL triumphs will always be etched in my memory. Good luck for all your future endeavours.
- Michael Vaughan :- The 2011 World Cup win was @sachin_rt farewell but masterminded by MS Dhoni … What an incredible international career … You could argue the greatest ever white ball captain & finisher … Cheers for all the memories MS.
- Kevin Pietersen :-Welcome to the retirement club, MSD! What a magical career!
- Virendra Sehwag :-To have a player like him,Mission Impossible. Na Koi Hai,Na Koi Tha, Na Koi Hoga MS ke jaisa. Players will come & go but there won’t be a calmer man like him. Dhoni with his connect with people having aspirations was like a family member to many cricket lovers. Om Finishaya Namah
- Irfan Pathan :- It was a privilege to have played with a friend and a cricketer who gave many laurels to our country on the cricketing field, very very greatly done on your career @msdhoni #dhoniretires.
- Harsha Bhogle :-The great man says goodbye? #MSDhoni
- Saurav Ganguly :-It is the end of an era. What a player he has been for the country and world cricket. His leadership qualities have been something which will be hard to match, especially in the shorter format of the game.
And many more…
And, in the end we can conclude by saying that Dhoni was a pillar of strength not only for the team but also for the Indian fans. He was a symbol of hope as he maintained the interest in the match and in many such situations didn’t let the fans down.
It makes me see it again and again. Will it ever happen again or, not?
#Thankyou MSD for everything you have done for the country and for giving emense pleasure to your fans….
#You will always be in our hearts…
#We’ll miss you and your helicopter shot very much. #No one can replace you.
Thank you very much friends for reading. If you like it then let us know in the comment box that this is very too early for retiring of MS Dhoni or not?.