The term “online” is not so attractive term in the decade of the 80s. But you can’t even imagine that in the last 20 years how the internet and technology have grown? It has changed the way people communicate, shop, socialize, do business, and learn education too. Now, we can learn education and academic degrees without leaving home from anywhere and anytime through the internet that is called “Online Education”. Online Education is the greatest revolution in today’s education system. It brings a huge change in the system and great opportunities for everyone who wants to learn something. Yes, we don’t have to travel anywhere to study, we can simply log in to the virtual campus from the comfort of our own home or office. This is also called internet-based learning.
To participate in an online program, the students need to be well-disciplined, organized, motivated and have a high level of time management ability to keep it up successfully. Have you ever thought of why online learning has grown so much and so fast and why it is spreading beyond the United States to places like India? It is very helpful especially for people who can’t afford the time and money to take real courses. The Boston-based consulting firm Eduventures, Inc.(2006) found that more than 60% of institutions’ employers generally accept the high quality of Online Education. Most of the colleges and universities have started Online Education. Online Education is undoubtedly a huge cost — saving factor for organizations and students.
Although Online Education has some major pros and cons that you
The Pros of Online Education:-
1) Convenience:- This convenience is in relation to study location, time, course duration, etc. Students have the chance to study from anywhere and anytime through the internet. It is the best advantage for learners to study many fields and to boost the level of self-motivation. Online Education is so effective that students can finish their homework quickly and there is more time left for hobbies or for finding a job.
2) Low Priced:- Online courses’ price is very low than that of regular classroom academic or trade school courses.
3) Technology:- You can learn the courses from anywhere provided you have computer access. Online courses provide an opportunity to learn new technologies and to practice the use of software, the internet, etc.
4) Additional Advantages:- There are many additional advantages. You will work with classmates from all around the world. No discrimination among students due to race, sex, religion, nationality, physical look, etc is looked upon. There is no immigration problem too.
The Cons of Online Education:-
1) Limited Social Interaction:- There is very limited opportunities to interact with professors and other students face to face. Online Education cannot offer human interaction.
2) Technology Cost:- Students may be required to learn new or enhanced computer and skills which promotes an additional cost of high-speed internet-connection.
3) Most of the online educational materials are in text format. If you are not comfortable with this format and love listening to the lecture instead of reading it. Then, it will become a disadvantage for you.
The facts are that there are advantages and disadvantages of every type of Education either Online or Offline.
Students have to analyze both the pros and cons factors of Online Education and then choose which suits better for them to accomplish their goals, online or the classroom.
So, which type of education is best Online Education or Offline Education let us know in the comments below.