If you are a serious aspirant for IAS then this article is going to be quite effective for you. IAS exam is more of strategy and selection of best study materials to be competitive in the race. Before your exam strategy, You must know about what best study materials or Books are suitable from examination point of view!!
Which IAS books should be studied for UPSC civil services exam (Prelims and Mains)? Many IAS books are available in the market of different writes. Apart from NCERT books, now there are at least more than 15 standard textbooks which will be very useful for UPSC aspirants to crack the Exam.
* NCERT Books (Class 6 -12)
First to all, candidates(aspirants) should start their preparation with NCERT Books from 6 to class 12.
* IAS Books for Indian Polity and Constitution
- Indian Polity – by M. Laxmikant
- Important Acts that transformed India – by Alex Andrew George
- Important judgements that transformed India by – Alex Andrew George.
* IAS Books for Indian History and Culture
- Indian Art and Culture by Nitin Singhania
- Ancient and Medieval India by Poonam Dalal Dahiya
- Modern India History by Sunil Bansal and Snehil Tripathi.
* IAS books for Indian Geography and World Geography
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography – by Goh Cheng Leong
- Geography of India by Majid Husain
- Oxford Student Atlas for India
* IAS Books for Indian Economy
- Indian Economics by Ramesh Singh
- Indian Economics by Nitin Singhania
- Indian Economics key Concepts by Sankar Ganesh Karuppiah
* IAS Books for Science and Technology
Science and Technology by Ravi P. Agrahari
* IAS Books for Environment Ecology Biodiversity and Climate Change
Environment by Shankar IAS
* IAS Books for Current Affairs
- Indian 2020 Yearbook by Rajiv Mehrishi
- The Malayala Manorana English Yearbook 2020 by Mannen Mathew
- Indian 2020 Publication Division Paperback by Publication Division.
* IAS Previous Year Question Papers
25 year UPSC IAS/ IPS Prelims topic- wise solved paper 1 & 2.
* Prelims Manual for GS (all In one guide)
General studies manual paper 1 – 2020 Paperback by Manohar Pandey
* Prelims Manual for CSAT (all in one guide)
Cracking the CSAT Paper 2 by Arihant Experts
* IAS Books for Essay (UPSC mains essay paper)
- Selected Contemporary Essay Paperback by Soumitra Mohan
- 151 Essays by Disha Experts
* IAS Book for Indian Science Independence (Part of UPSC Mains GS1 Paper)
Post Independence India : For Civil Services Examination by Sonali Bansal and Snehil Tripathi
* IAS Book for World History (Part of UPSC Mains GS Paper 1
World History by Krishna Reddy
* IAS Book for Indian Society (part of UPSC Mains GS Paper 1)
Indian Society Themes Social Issue by Nadeem Hasnain
* IAS Book for Governance (part of UPSC Mains GS Paper 2)
Governance in India Paperwork by M Laxmikant
* IAS Book for Foreign Relations of India(part of UPSC Mains GS Paper 2)
International Relations by Pavneet Singh
* IAS Book for Internal Security (part of UPSC mains GS paper 3)
Challenge of Internal Security of India by Ashok Kumar and Vipul Anekant
* IAS Books for Ethics, Integrity & Aptitude (Mains GS paper 4)
- Lexicon for Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude for IAS general studies by Niraj Kumar
- Ethics, Integrity and Aptitudetude by M.Karthikeyan
* Paper wise All-in-One manual for UPSC CSE (Mains)
- IAS Mains General Studies Manual General Studies Paper 1 by Arihant
- IAS Mains General Studies by Manual General Studies Paper 2 by Arihant
- IAS Mains General Studies Manual Studies Paper 3 by Arihant
- IAS Mains General Studies Manual General Studies Paper 4 by Arihant
* UPSC CSE Mains Previous year solved question paper Books
- 7 year UPSC IAS/IPS Mains General Studies paper 1 to 4 year wise solved by Disha experts
- 7 year UPSC IAS/IPS Mains Essay year wise solved papers by Disha experts
* Book for UPSC interview
How Civil Services Interview Paperback by Ramya Roshi
Additional Reference Books
- Ancient India : India’s Ancient past by R.S Sharma
- Ancient History : Ancient History of Ancient and Early Medieval India by Upinder Singh
- Medieval India: History of Medieval India by Satish Chandra
- Modern India: History of Modern India by Bipin Chandra
- Modern India : India’s Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
Do follow these study materials. If you want to improve your Communication Skills, Join Smartech Education.
We wish you all the best for your preparation. Good Luck..!